Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Adventure #61: Conans Pizza (Redux)

We were supposed to head on a new adventure to Pieous in Dripping Springs, but we're not the most well-prepared pizzadventurers. The place was closed! What does an intrepid adventurer do? Head to the nearest Conan's.




How savagely I have missed Conan's. Since I moved out of the Crestview neighborhood and thus away from the North location at Anderson and Burnet, I haven't had the pleasure of one of my favorite pizzas in Austin: The Savage. in the Deep Pan crust: sausage, hamburger, pepperoni, green pepper, onion, mushroom, black olive, jalapeno, and the crown jewel—anchovies.


I wish I could tell you something new to add to our previous trip to Conans, but we couldn't pass up a Savage. Same pizza, same thoughts, same result - an empty pan.

One difference: we hit up the location at Stassney and Manchaca this time. The wood paneling isn't as conspicuous, but the vibe is the same. It's intimate, old-school, and makes you want to drink beer. Maybe one day we'll try something different, but until then, enjoy this upskirt.


- Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment