Thursday, September 23, 2010

Adventure #22: Mangieri's Pizza Cafe

More than a week later I still don't know quite what to think of this pizza. We got the Hot Pig from Mangieri's Pizza Cafe. The Hot Pig has "sausage, spicy giardiniera Italian relish, garlic, black pepper, extra virgin olive oil, mozzarella, and fresh parmigiano reggiano." The crust had the exact flavor of a Ritz cracker, buttery and just a little sweet. This was probably the weirdest part for me. The toppings were ok; the pepper overwhelmed the sausage; the relish was an interesting and delicious topping; everything just didn't quite come together and I don't know why.

Something that did come together wonderfully was the garlic bread. It came with delicious marinara and what was probably a house made garlic butter sauce. Both sauces were so good that I kept alternating, not wanting to pick one or the other.

It wasn't bad pizza, it wasn't even not-good pizza. The only way I think I could draw a conclusion would be to give Mangieri's a second try (but I'm certainly not going to drive down to South Austin to get some).

-Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment