Friday, May 14, 2010

Adventure #7: Home Slice Pizza - Ian's Half



Our Adventure to Home Slice has resulted in a delicious DOUBLE POST! Due to the dietary needs of our host and Karin's insatiable desire for multiple meats, we split our large pie into halves - on one half, the Eggplant Pie (#3 on the menu), on the other, a custom mix of Meatballs, Pepperoni, Black Olives, and Mushrooms. It is my task to discuss the Eggplant side.



To me, there is nothing about the pie at Home Slice that particularly stands out - it's as if all parts of the pizza are communing with your mouth, taking equal precedence. The crust isn't super crisp, but it has a good taste, and ably handles even the heavy toppings on Karin's side of the pizza. The sauce, which seemed overly sweet with the garlic knots, just enhanced the crust and other toppings. The toppings? I'm here to discuss the Eggplant Pie, which is, as far as I can tell, chunks of eggplant parmesan. I was surprised at how sparse the pie was, but it made no difference - I was wowed. The mouthfeel of the eggplant might throw some people off, but the taste and overall 'savoryness' should bring even non-vegetarians into the fold. I ate too much (more than two slices = too much, for the record,) but I don't regret it.



No comments:

Post a Comment