Sunday, February 26, 2012

Adventure #53: Firefly Pies



Pizza Adventurers, I have let you down. It has been several weeks since we visited Firefly Pies and these pictures were still sitting in a post waiting for me to write this post. Not only that, but the Firefly website (the trailer looks nothing like the one on the website which makes me wonder if they've updated it since opening) doesn't have a menu, so I can't even give you exact specs on what pizzas they are, you're just going to have to settle for my best approximation. (Updated 8/24/2013) Please don't let this deter you from getting out and trying this pizza; It is worth your time.





The above pie had pesto, kalamata olives, mushrooms, and (I think it was) goat cheese. I found the crust on this one to be a little dry but every one else seemed to love it and the toppings could not have been more delicious.




This pizza was a nice tomato sauce with red pepper (I know it's far from the sauce of pizza purist, but trust me it all comes together in the pizza), mozzarella, garlic, basil, and pepperoni. It was spicy and a little greasy and the basil was the fresh unshredded kind that I like.



I hope that these photos have spoken for themselves and made up for my failure to accurately chronicle this adventure.

-Karin

Ian's note:

One thing I want to note about this pizza is that the crust is amazingly crisp all underneath - you can hold a piece without supporting the bottom and it won't sag. I've rarely seen this in a pizza, and I was uncertain about how it would work. The verdict? It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment